Please read this rental agreement prior to booking. We offer some pretty special vessels and they have some special rules you’ll need to follow to ensure they’re well taken care of so that everyone may enjoy them in good condition. Thank you and we look forward to hosting you.
General Rental Agreement
(Applies to all rentals)
• Everyone must wear a Life Jacket for the entire duration of the rental. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Do not exceed the max load weight and occupancy limits of your rental. SEE LIMITS HERE
• No Children less than 30 lbs. are permitted to ride.
• Guest number must not exceed vessel occupancy limits (NO trading off). No one is permitted to use our vessel(s), add-on products, accessories, etc. unless they have agreed to this form and completed a liability waiver.
• Operating any boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• Disposing of any item considered to be litter in Wallowa Lake is illegal, let’s do our best to keep the lake clear.
• Guests must be at least 16 to operate a boat solo, those under 16 must be accompanied by a guest 16+.
• All floating platforms and docks other than the boat ramp dock are private property.
• All adults must sign a liability form and sign for minors prior to riding. A rental agreement must also be signed.
• Renters are financially responsible to return rentals and safety equipment in good condition –
Please take care of vessel(s), paddle(s), safety equipment, etc. Keep Life Jackets in/on your vessel when not in use.
• Follow safe boating practices; be sure to watch out for other boaters and do not cross in front of moving boats.
• If thunder / windstorms arise, paddle to shore, get out, and remove vessel(s) from the water until the storms pass.
• Your rental is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather. You will receive a refund if we cannot reschedule.
• Animals are permitted ONLY on our Mighty Canoe. They are not allowed on any other vessel we offer.
• If marine patrol requests an evasive species permit please provide it to them. Our crew will point out its location.
Glass Bottom Kayak / Vision SUP Rental Agreement
This special equipment requires an extra amount of care to maintain its “clearly” enjoyable nature. When renting our Glass Bottom Kayaks (GB-Kayak) or Vision Stand-Up Paddle Board (VSUP) you are agreeing to do your very best to follow these additional guidelines.
• Never beach, drag, or drop your GB-Kayak or VSUP. Always tie up at the dock or carry your GB-Kayak or VSUP directly out of the water. Always place your GB-Kayak on the provided noodle pads to avoid contact with rocks / sand / grass / concrete / etc. This will require removing the pads from the GB-Kayak aluminum frame, placing them where you would like to sit the GB-Kayak, and then placing the GB-Kayak on top of the pads. Our crew will demonstrate.
• Please do not wear shoes in your GB-Kayak, we have provided a dry bag on board for your shoes if needed, please wipe or rinse your feet before boarding as rocks / sand / sticks / etc. will scratch the interior of your GB-Kayak.
• Wallowa Lake has a lot of beautiful boulders, logs, etc. under the surface; some of them may be difficult to see. Your GB-Kayak / VSUP and the water together have a strong magnification effect and objects may appear closer than they actually are. Please do your best to avoid contact with underwater obstacles whenever safely possible. Avoid paddling extremely close (within 10 feet) of the rocky shoreline as boat wake, wind, and waves may push you into the rocks.
• Please do not apply sunscreen while on board (the chemicals in sunscreen will damage your GB-Kayaks finish).
• No Animal of any kind is permitted on your GB-Kayak or VSUP.
Scratches or excessive damage will result in additional damage fees starting at $100 per occurrence. Loss of a GB-Kayak will result in a $3000 replacement & loss of use fee. Loss of a VSUP will result in a $1000 replacement & loss of use fee. Loss of a Mighty Canoe will result in a $1500 replacement & loss of use fee. Loss or damage to a paddle, seat, VSUP leash, safety equipment, rental add-on item, etc. will result in a replacement fee up to $200.
By signing this I/We understand and agree to do my/our very best to adhere to these guidelines to ensure a safe and fun outing with JO Paddle. I/We, with everyone’s understanding and consent agree to the outlined fee terms.