Please read this rental agreement prior to booking. We offer some pretty special vessels and they have some special rules you’ll need to follow to ensure they’re well taken care of so that everyone may enjoy them in good condition. Thank you and we look forward to hosting you.
General Rental Agreement
(Applies to all rentals)
• Everyone must wear a Life Jacket for the entire duration of the rental. NO EXCEPTIONS.
• Do not exceed the max load weight and occupancy limits of your rental. SEE LIMITS HERE
• No Children less than 30 lbs. are permitted to ride.
• Guest number must not exceed vessel occupancy limits (NO trading off). No one is permitted to use our vessel(s), add-on products, accessories, etc. unless they have agreed to this form and completed a liability waiver.
• Operating any boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• Disposing of any item considered to be litter in Wallowa Lake is illegal, let’s do our best to keep the lake clear.
• Guests must be at least 16 to operate a boat solo, those under 16 must be accompanied by a guest 16+.
• All floating platforms and docks other than the boat ramp dock are private property.
• All adults must sign a liability form and sign for minors prior to riding.
• Renters are financially responsible to return rentals and safety equipment in good condition –
Please take care of vessel(s), paddle(s), safety equipment, etc. Keep Life Jackets in/on your vessel when not in use.
• Follow safe boating practices; be sure to watch out for other boaters and do not cross in front of moving boats.
• If thunder / windstorms arise, paddle to shore, get out, and remove vessel(s) from the water if safe to do so until the storms pass or call for a shuttle back to your car.
• Your rental is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather. You will receive a refund or gift certificate if we cannot reschedule.
• Dogs under 30lbs are permitted but must have doggie life vest and dog booties one at all times +$20 Cleaning Fee (Dogs are not allowed on Guided Tours for the safety of the animals and guest, Thank you for understanding.)
• If marine patrol requests an evasive species permit please show them the JO Paddle label on each vessel, All Invasive Species Permits are labeled under JO Paddle through the OSMB
Glass Bottom Kayak / Vision SUP Rental Agreement
This special equipment requires an extra amount of care to maintain its “clearly” enjoyable nature. When renting our Vessel’s you are agreeing to do your very best to follow these additional guidelines.
- Never breach, drag, or drop your rented-Kayak or SUP Board. Our crew will demonstrate how to bring vessel on shore if need.
- Please do not wear shoes in our Kayaks, we have provided a dry bag on board for your shoes if needed, please wipe or rinse your feet before boarding as rocks/sand/sticks/etc. will scratch the interior of your Kayak.
- Wallowa Lake has a lot of beautiful boulders, logs, etc. under the surface; some of them may be difficult to see. Our Kayak / SUP and the water together have a strong magnification effect and objects may appear closer that they actually are. Please do your best to avoid contact with underwater obstacles whenever safely possible. Avoid paddling extremely close (within 10 feet) of the rocky shoreline as boat wake, wind, and waves may push you into the rocks.
- Please do not apply sunscreen while on board (the chemicals in sunscreen will damage your Kayaks finish).
Scratches or excessive damage will result in additional damage fees starting at $100 per occurrence. Loss of a Kayak will result in a replacement fee up to $3000 Loss of a SUP will result in a replacement fee up to $2000. Loss or damage to a paddle, seat, SUP leash, safety equipment, rental add-on item, etc. will result in a replacement fee up to $200.
By renting with JO Paddle you are agreeing to the rental agreements, understand, and agree to do you’re very best to adhere to these guidelines to ensure a safe and fun outing with JO Paddle